We've been getting Irby to play in his room after he wakes up until 8 (usually he's up to go to the bathroom around 7-7:30). If you can't tell we grown-ups in this house really love to sleep! The babies still eat around 5, then go back to sleep till 8-8:30, and during the week, I just stay up, but on the weekends, I love to get back in bed. So, having the babies sleep in is great, but if Irby is up, they might as well all be. So, Irby has been great about playing in his room until the clock says '8.' I just have to share this story because it totally cracked me up and made me realize how fast my boys are growing up, even though they are all under 3.5. So, like usual on a Saturday, I fed the babies around 5, then got back in bed. Irby and I both woke up around 8 and looked at each other totally shocked that the house was still quiet (from the little Irby front that is). Usually we hear a little noise and just kind of doze...anyway, I came down into the playroom only to find little Irby fully dressed, eating a piece of pizza and drinking his milk. He told me he was hungry so decided to get his milk and eat lunch (which meal is which is sometimes confusing, especially if you're eating pizza for breakfast, I guess). He is too big for his own britches! Acting like he doesn't need his Mama to fix his breakfast!
Blog going private
10 years ago
2 comments:
That's hilarious! Ah, I would love to stay in bed until 8! Maybe I can train Lee to do that when he gets a little older :)
That is hysterical. Thanks for sharing it.
I also thought you should know... it is not atypical for me to be driving and Steven Edward to be singing... "Irby, Irby Irby." To which Sam responds "Stop it!" Then a resounding "why?" from steven.... sam screams "Be-CAUSE." Eventually Steven asks permission to sing about Irby. Sam generally complies.
Post a Comment