


Well, here were are in our new city of Huntsville, and I've found myself with A LOT of time on my hands(well, really only in the afternoon when Irby is down for his 3-4 hours nap, so I'm trying to keep myself busy in this very large, very empty, and very temporary house), so I decided to start a blog! I figured it would be a good way to let everyone know what was going on with us and also share pictures of little Irby, who is 18 months now! I also thought it would be a good way for me to write down the funny things he's doing now, so I can look back and remember them. If I were really organized, I would just write them down in his baby book, but seeing as though his baby book is somewhere in a storage POD right now, this will have to do. Here is a recent picture of him taken by my friend Emily Joy. These were taken when he was about 17 months old.
Now, first off, some of you may be wondering how we came to live in Huntsville. Well, it has seemed really complicated to me lately, but actually it's really simple. Irby has been working up here for the past 2 years, commuting from Birmingham 2 days a week and working from his home office the other 3 days. As time has gone on, he has been given more responsibility at work and so was having to be up here 3-5 days per week. That combined with the normal travel responsibilities of his job meant we weren't seeing much of him here at home, so we decided to put our house on the market. To make a very long story short, including a contract falling through on the house, we had an offer finalized Sept. 19, and they wanted to close Sept. 23. We thought it might happen eventually, but really had no clue that it would happen so fast. It was a really hard move....moving from a city where you have a great church, great friends, and even long time friends who had known you for many years, all of whom have babies within 6-12 months of yours, makes it really hard to move to a city where you know no one, literally no one! I think that is really strange, I mean name any city in the southeast, or northeast for that matter, and you probably know someone who lives there, but obvioulsy God is teaching us something as He's moved us to the only 'major' (the word 'major' is definitely a stretch) city in the southeast where we don't know a soul. Well, we're adjusting, but please come visit us! Here's a picture of Irby in front of our old house where he was born on 8th Terrace in Crestwood.
No comments:
Post a Comment